This person will work with business, operations and systems teams to drive optimal solutions that are aligned with business/systems architecture while providing industry best practices to the solutions. An ideal candidate will possess hands on programming experience with SharePoint, .Net, HTML and Web Services while at the same time being able to discuss business requirements with stakeholders including senior managers.
As an application developer within Information Systems and Telecommunications team, the incumbent will lead and participate in all aspects of the delivery of complex applications and solutions for multiple projects. This includes estimating, development, testing, working with onsite and off shore teams. The developer is responsible for the quality of the solutions being delivered and will also play a key role in all aspects of the SDLC.
5+ Years of progressive experience delivering IS solutions as an Business Analyst/ Application Developer in a complex environment
• Proven experience in utilizing SharePoint out-of-the-box functionality
• Proven programming experience with .Net, SharePoint, HTML & SQL
• Strong Technical aptitude with the ability to learn new technologies at a fast pace
• Experience with Project and SDLC Methodologies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of management and a culturally diverse team
• Excellent organization, planning and time management skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable, handle multiple demands and competing priorities while meeting deadlines
• Post-secondary degree in computer sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous experience in a non-profit-organization is an asset but not mandatory
Develop, design, modify or build solutions addressing business needs
• Function as an integrator between various systems
• Ensure comprehensive and appropriate documentation at all stages, within an assignment.
• Conduct reviews as required throughout Systems Development Life Cycle.
• Support test phases executed by testers or line area representatives.
• Work with Business stakeholders to define system requirements and develop solutions.
• Prepare schedules, plans and estimates for own projects.
• Provide technical expertise and support where required.
• Comply with and promote systems standards and best practices.
• Provide technical leadership on medium sized implementations.
• Ensure adherence to quality standards.
• Collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams.
• Enthusiastic team player with an aptitude for learning
• Negotiating and influencing
• Analytical problem solver
• Detail Oriented